Greetings from your former Awards Chair!
As I type this, my wife Jesse and I watching a Christmas movie. (Well, Jesse is watching, and I am singing the best songs very loudly.) Christmas is a special time of year; a time for reflection and renewal. When I reflect on CSHP SK Branch, I am reminded of the hard work of our volunteers and the talent of our members. The Branch is strong, and I am confident we can keep it that way.
On the subject of renewal, we have some exciting additions to council.
- For 2018 I’ll be moving into the position of President-Elect. Filling the Award Chair shoes will be Marc Legge. Marc, I look forward to seeing what you do with the position. A big thanks to my Awards Committee of Amy Smith, Jen Bolt, and Jonathan Mailman for all your support over the last two years.
- Caitlin Roy, our dedicated Fundraising Czar of last year, has been given a big promotion to Treasurer.
- Marlys LeBras joins council for the first time as our new Secretary.
- We’ve upgraded to three Education Co-Chairs this year. Joining Nkem Iroh are Andrea Tang and Mike Stuber.
- Leaving council are Jennifer Bolt, Leslie Dagg, Andrea Holaday, and Rabiah Siddiqui. Thanks to all for outstanding multi-year service to the Branch.
My final act as Awards Chair is to tell you about our deserving awards winners of 2017. It was a pleasure as always to Emcee our Awards Night in October. I never get sick of saying this: we have an inspiring group of leaders in this province and I’m lucky to practice in Saskatchewan. Thank you to all who made our Awards Night a success – especially our sponsors.
|Orest Buchko Award||Awarded to Heather Hodgson, an outstanding new graduate. Heather is midway through her Residency in Saskatoon.||As sponsored by Leo Pharma.|
|Residency Award||Awarded to Laura Almas, for her project “Assessing the Magnitude and Impact of Medication Discrepancies in Hospitalized Adult Patients Requiring Critical Care Admission”.||As sponsored by Pfizer.|
|Preceptorship Award||Awarded to Darcy Lamb (of Saskatoon) and Jen Bolt (Regina) as picked by the outgoing Residents.||As sponsored by Fresenius Kabi.|
|Merit Award||Awarded to Lisa Rutherford for her project streamlining the Tinzaparin Bridging program in Prince Albert.||As sponsored by HealthPRO.|
|New Hospital Practitioner||Awarded to Jackie Myers for her outstanding leadership in Regina.||As sponsored by CSHP Sask Branch.|
|Pharmacist of the Year||Awarded to Lynette Kosar for her outstanding leadership with the RxFiles.||As sponsored by Fresenius Kabi.|
|JL Summers Achievement Award||Awarded to Ellen Kachur for her outstanding leadership in Humboldt.||As sponsored by Leo Pharma.|
|Betty C Riddell Award||Awarded to Barb Evans for her outstanding leadership in Saskatoon.||As sponsored by Fresenius Kabi.|
All the best in 2018, everyone.