Small Hospital Teleconference
One teleconference has been held since the time of the last report. The following items were discussed:
1) Access to continuing education from teaching sites
- High levels of interest expressed from small hospital pharmacists and managers to participate in educational sessions at least once a month
- Saskatoon’s Lunch and Learns no longer available to other sites
- GoTo Webinar web-enabled conferencing will be running in the near future and will greatly improve the access and functionality of continuing education at small hospital sites
2) Small Hospital award revisited
- No interest in an award specifically for pharmacists working in a small hospital. There is, however, interest in a poster award at the AGM designated specifically for small hospital pharmacists. To be explored more for 2018 AGM.
No other practice issues affecting direct-care small hospital pharmacists discussed or brought forward at this time. Attention of small hospital pharmacy managers is predominantly given to the transition to BDM Pharmacy Software this fall. Provincial discussions are regular and ongoing and are independent from needing the attention of CSHP SK Branch Council for current projects and concerns.
- I am a corresponding participant in RHA pharmacy working group meetings.
- I am attending the CSHP SK/MB Management & Leadership Seminar this September to continue to build relationships and identify needs for support and advocacy.