Small Hospital Teleconference
No teleconferences have been held since accepting the small hospital representative position. The following items will be discussed at a teleconference within 3 months:
- Access to continuing education from teaching sites
- Medication reconciliation process and issues
- Practice issues affecting direct-care small hospital pharmacists
- Advocacy for small hospital pharmacists and recognizing excellence
- Sharing knowledge, resources, and success
- An email has been sent to all the pharmacy managers of small hospitals introducing myself and asking for input. I have distributed a questionnaire (in conjunction with the education committee) regarding interest in continuing education via telehealth/webinars and have already received some valuable feedback. I have asked for a list of new hires to provide with a CSHP membership/welcome package and invited comments or ideas for items to discuss at council or at our teleconferences.
- Two other pharmacists expressed interest in being involved with CSHP and representing small hospitals. I will continue communication with them as an informal small hospital committee.
- I am a corresponding participant in RHA pharmacy working group meetings.
I’m looking forward to serving on CSHP SK Branch Council and representing small hospital pharmacists.